Friday 7 March 2014

The Shadow: Going Back to the Body Shape - Part 2

Experimenting more with silhouettes derived from the inkblots. I decided to draw them on paper with a pen marker to avoid erasing and refining lines (I was hoping to get that more 'primal' feel of the lines). The sheet on the left was a little bit of a disappointment, however the right one seemed promising. 
I took two body shapes from the sheet on the right and tried giving it the Shadow's features. Below is the final outcome and a design that, I personally think, is bringing me closer to the final design of that character. 

2 comments:

  1. Yep, there's a rhythm to the body that's beginning to match the head now...Nice pose too. I think tonal value is going to play a big part in your design too - Colouring in your drawing with white, grey, and black tones is going to add another dimension to his 'shadowness'.

    ReplyDelete